I’m surrounded by walls
And there’s no way out unless I break them
Am I strong enough on my own?
Can I push through the mayhem?
But I’m too scared
And maybe too weak
Can’t put up a fight
That’ll last more than a week
Maybe if I had you by my side
Things would be different
I won’t have to hide or pretend
It’ll be out in the open
So make things easy for me
Come out of your hiding
Show yourself to the world
Show them your true calling
I’m surrounded by people
Who have no clue of who I really am
Do I really want to be a part of this?
Do I even give a damn?
I try to reason with myself
But my conscience is too clean
I can’t put up a fight
That’ll last more than a week
Maybe if I had you by my side
Things would be different
I won’t have to hide or pretend
It’ll be out in the open
So make things easy for me
Come out of your hiding
Show yourself to the world
Show them your true calling
One day from now, or a year later
Whichever it is, it is your call
I’m just waiting for you to be here with me
To pick me up, when I’ve had my fall
Make things easy for me
Come out of your hiding
Show yourself to the world
Show them your true calling
Make things easy for me
Come out of your hiding
Show yourself to the world
Show them your true calling
Your… true calling
(c) Copyright 2010 Deepa Seshadri
No comments:
Post a Comment