Saturday, July 3, 2010

Life & Destiny

The fact is I’m worried
And I’ve been too scared to admit it
Oh, I’ve tried to imagine what my future holds
But life doesn’t work that way, does it?

I can pray to a thousand gods
And try hard to earn it
But destiny doesn’t change for anyone
Nor will it change for me now, will it?

Life is unexpected and short
You really can’t deny it
But will making the most of what you have
Really help you cherish it?

I wouldn’t want to live a life
Where I feel I’m not worth it
Is there anything I can do
To not dream or at least forget it?

My only hope is to go with the flow
And do what I do, and the best at it
If my life loves me back
My future will be as I wish, won’t it?

And here lies the biggest problem of all
Life – As we know it
Because you can’t skip a chapter in between
You need to go all the way to unfold it

(c) Copyright 2010 Deepa Seshadri

No comments:

Post a Comment