Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Because of Me

Some people say god’s lent a helping hand
Some people swear by luck
What do they know about the sleepless nights I’ve spent?

Some people say life is has been too kind
Others say it’s just my destiny
But do they know the countless tears that I have shed

When will the world?
Wake up and see
I am where I am, because of me
At every turn
I’ve chosen my path
Now that its lead me here, you do the math (won’t you please just do the math)

Few people know, the stories behind a smile
They simply like to judge
They’ll never know about the shattered hopes and endless dreams

When will the world?
Wake up and see
I am where I am, because of me
At every turn
I’ve chosen my path
Now that its lead me here, you do the math (won’t you please just do the math)

Stop! Stop! Stop!
Stop all the whining
Stop! Stop! Stop!
All this self pity!
Stop! Stop! Stop!
It’s only slowing you down, slowing you down

When will the world?
Wake up and see
I am where I am, because of me
At every turn
I’ve chosen my path
Now that its lead me here, you do the math (won’t you please just do the math)


Copyright (c) Deepa Seshadri 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment